How Does a Transfer Out of Hong Kong With My Employer Impact My Chances for the Right of Abode?

In the last of our Visa Video series, Stephen Barnes discussed what happens if your company decides to transfer your overseas and the effect on your chances for Right of Abode in Hong Kong. Here is some more info for you:

No doubt, now that you’ve been in Hong Kong long enough to realize what a superb place it is to live and work, you’ll have one eye on becoming a permanent resident after you’ve reach the seven year mark and you become eligible to make an application for the Right of Abode.

But what’s the story if your Hong Kong employer wishes to send you overseas for a lengthy (possibly indefinite) assignment? What can you do to ensure your time spent overseas doesn’t count against those seven years you’ll need here?

As part of our occasional series of posts on Hong Kong immigration issues, author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook, Stephen Barnes, has prepared this video overview setting out how you can, potentially, have your cake and eat it en route to getting your Permanent Hong Kong Identity Card.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: